Welcome to Creative togetherness, we're a team of bloggers who've combined our collection of literary works for your review. We believe that your valuable comments and suggestions will help us introspect and improve our writing skills. We also believe, It will add a third perspective to our blog.
Hope you like what we've put up here

Thank You
thus smiled love & blogger unlimited
Google

The Metamorphosis

It was a warm summer afternoon, at around 2.45pm. I was pacing up & down the corridor just outside the operation theater, in the hospital. The nurses were popping in and out of the operation theater. Every time I asked a nurse about the progress, "Please wait, we will let you know" was the reply.

20 minutes had passed and my heart was beating faster as I hear a scream. A scream it was, but sounded like melody to my ears. My heart leaped with joy, my mind was still worried; I needed to know what was happening, was a moment of darkness and confusion for me . Out of the operation theater walks a nurse, carrying a bundle of cloth towards me.

"Congratulations! it's a baby girl" she said as I received the bundle with a broad smile and worried eyes. Yes, a bundle of joy it was... it was my daughter. "Th..Thank you... and how is my wife?" I asked her, "She is still to regain conscience, we will bring her to the room in a few minutes, don't worry she will be fine" she reassured.

I was holding a newborn in my hands for the very first time in my life. My eyes shed a drop of tear as I felt the vibration of new life in my hands. It is a moment to experience, words cannot do justice in describing it.

My moment of ecstasy was short lived when the nurse came back for the child, they had to clean up the child. There were minor complications in the delivery, but things were alright now.

The day was the 20th of July, 2002 at 3.05pm my daughter was born. I thank god for that beautiful day. A metamorphosis for me it was.... into fatherhood!

9 comments:

Charlotte Rains Dixon said...

Nice story. I love the idea for your blog. Keep up the good work!

Fruity said...

Bringing a life to this world and the joy of parenthood, priceless! Nice friendly blog. Cheers from Fruity

Serena said...

Ah, so you are father to a 5 year old now. How is the going? :D Thank you for sharing your experience. :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet. Loved it.

Blogger Gabby said...

Thank you Charlotte :)

Blogger Gabby said...

Thanks for the comment fruit species. Yes, It is very true.

:)

Blogger Gabby said...

The going is great serena. It was a pleasure sharing my experience here with you friends :)

Blogger Gabby said...

Thank You manictastic, Nice to know that :)

Thanks a lot to yall for your comments!

You've made my day!

:)

Unknown said...

Really cool idea for a blog btw. Also, very heartfelt story about becoming a Dad. Thanks for sharing...

Which flavor is yours ?

Gabby"s Fun & Games Blog Headline Animator

Tinsel town - English Movies Headline Animator

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Quickregister.net Free Search Egnines Submission Service